View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 10:57 AM   #13041
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
From what I'm seeing in my research these cars are damn near bolt on for turbo swaps and easy to tune. The only issue is the high compression ratio if you're looking for big power.

To turbo a KA you're upgrading the entire fuel system, some kind of spark upgrade(probably could on plug), turbo manifold, relocate battery to be able to route intercooler piping, get an oil block and run lines to the turbo, figure out a coolant loop... It keeps going and going. Yeah, sourcing all those parts and figuring shit out is part of the fun, but at some point you want to just drive the car.

I'm seeing kits like to the AVO that are literally bolt on including a tune, and the shit looks near OEM. It's really blowing my mind.