View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 12:07 AM   #1
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Skinny slicks vs. wide street tires

I've been looking for a new set of tires for a while.... cause running street tires in a class that allows racing tires just isn't cutting it.

So.... being 4 lug, I can't really find wide rims. Being a college student, I can't afford custom wide 4 lug racing wheels. I'm pretty much limited to the crap they have for FWD cars... maxing out at like 7.5".

Pretty sure I can get a set of 16x7" wheels cheap tho (like $99 at tire rack). Then mount some 225/40/R16 tires on them.

The other option is to convert to 5 lug and only run street tires, but with 5 lug selection I'd be able to get wider tires... say 245/ 265.

But, would 225 wide Victoracers be a lot better than say, 245 wide Khumo MX's??

Or even the cheapest route: mount some 205/50/R15's on some OEM alloys.... which I'd be able to do a lot sooner since I wouldn't have to spend $450 or so on rims.

Feel free to add suggestions even...... like... what's everyone else running for autocross tires?