View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 11:52 PM   #8
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Well.... end of the day, and I came home with a 3rd place finish. I was something like .1 seconds away from first, and .050 away from second. The even playing feild (or at least the extremely close times) ended up getting me revved up after my first run (which put me in 2nd by .1 seconds). Natural competative spirit kicked in and I ended up battling against a turbocharged 2.5 Impreza. Unfortunately, the afternoon runs had us both beat by a pair of VW's. If it wasn't for the afternoon runs I would've had a first place finish :P But, I should've improved my runs more, so it's my fault for not keeping the lead.

I'm not sure if some of the in- car video shows it.... but if you watch me before a run, I just try to get as comfortable as possible, and get loosened up. Make sure I'm as snug in the stock seat as possible....

As for the mental prep before the entire event.... I'm already looking forward to the next event. Why did I go from a half depressed state to a very excited one?? Well, I'll finally have a real suspension (ordering AGX's and getting Whiteline sways, and possibly a VLSD to boost) before the next NER event. If I can do trophy runs with the amount of body roll I have now, and the loose rear end from having blown shocks.... I think I can do some real damage with working/ better components. So, maybe I just need to buy new parts before every autox?? (or just trophy and not eat cones the event prior).