Old 12-22-2002, 02:07 PM   #8
bbp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
bbp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by tnord
bbp you're my hero..........

i'm entering my 3rd year of Solo I style competition. this year may be with a new car though. E30 M3, ITR, or maybe something else are my primary options. bbp, what are you're impressions of the E30??? if there's a weekend i'm not driving at the track, i'm most likely working at it as "pit crew." although i don't get paid **** to do it, i get free room and board, hang out with professional drivers, and get the occasional run around the track in a SRF or my car.
I really like the e30 m3. I would get one in a heartbeat. Only downside is the $$ to own it. Parts are not cheap! ITR are cool but there is a limited plaing field, if HC grows it could be very cool.

I started out just going to the track and hanging out, it's the best place to be! Something will come out of it, it always did. Meet important people with connections. thats kinda how I got started with TC, helped a guy rebuild smashed Firehawk cars for TC, then we started doing cages, then I started crewing. Never made a ton of money but learned alot, got alot of seat time and best of all got to be friends with people like Randy Pobst, Peter Schwartzott. Keep with it. Now that I am (almost) a family man, I realize how great it was to call the track your office!

Have a great holiday!

PS. - Tnord is right, those are excuses, you don't need that **** to do an HPDE. Use up whatever tires you have, then, buty some new ones.