Thread: Race in America
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 04:54 PM   #11
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
I've read the thread and would love to quote and respond to Kashira and the others individually, but it would take up wayyy too much room.

Who has ideas on how to change the tide of race relations in America?

Emphasis on education and actual overhaul of the current educational system.
As Kashira's post, there is a lot of racism in between other races that isn't addressed. More people need to pay attention to history. An example would be British power in black countries way back in the day. Their rise to power was in part due to the fact that blacks from one region thought themselves to be superior to other blacks from another region so they did not intervene.
I believe if that if there was better classroom diversity then people would get along. How are we supposed to mix inner city black children with whites from rural towns and sprinkle in asians and Europeans (people from all parts of the world)?

How do we change the negative perceptions of our people into positive ones?

By our people I assume you mean Americans as a whole.
We are the melting pot of the world. Most immigrants come from countries that are actually pretty strict regarding immigration into their own countries (lol at the irony). All of those countries have their own stereotypes of other races as well.

I would have previously suggested mandatory programs similar to some of the sexual harassment online activities that my university bothers us with, but most people do not pay attention to them.
We should study the upbringings of more stereo typically known polite people such as canadians.

I personally believe in education so I will say that this would need to be addressed in schools. Like a class on human behavior skills that would be worked into the schoolday.

What do we do with the implicit biases we ALL have?

I have never been harassed by a black person in my life. Never have I been a victim of crime personally, but anytime I see a group of teenage kids ( especially black teens) I do have a slight fight or flight reaction ( as in I hold my car key in between my knuckles with my hands in my pockets)
The same way people clench their buttholes when driving near cop cars

Naturally we just fear the worst. I guess it is part of the human condition. People just need to learn to control themselves. The same way I don't just randomly attack a group of teenage kids and how people don't suddenly pull over and wait for the police to pass by.

How do we shape the future of our country?

Persistent and peaceful protesting. Actively working to do something instead of whining on social media. I can't blame social media really, it is just a tool that people choose to misuse. People just find a way to misuse things. I think C4 was developed to help miners but instead people kill each other with it.
I feel that we should raise our kids to think and focus on education.

Scenario 1.
Making sure our kids excel in their education both by learning quality material and getting good grades to reflect that (even though grades don't always reflect that)

Scenario 2.
Spend a shit ton of time with little Timmy's baseball team, occasionally help him pass that super hard math test.

You can replace the baseball team with anything else besides educational things and you have part of the reason why so many "immigrants are taking up all the high paying jobs" Too many parents focusing on scenario 2 and not scenario 1.

While stereotypical white kid doing popular white kid things and stereotypical black kids doing their things, we got the immigrants coming from third world countries willing to do more because they need to.

We spend way too much time on recreational activities in this country. I am also guilty of this. It is too easy to just give up on the hard thing that you NEED to do such as class work and get on playstation.

People are just bad parents. I believe in investing in birth control. We really need to cut back on the amount of people abusing the system.

How do we change incarceration trends?

This goes back to education and black male culture ( thats what I'm assuming you want to talk about)
Why the fuck are people committing crimes? Lack of education or a culture that promotes criminal activity. By education, I don't just mean stuff included in the American Department of education. Education to me means lifelong learning. It means anything good that you learn from whoever.

We just love to daydream and pretend like we will be the next Sports star, musician, or any career that doesn't require a lot of education. How many people dream about having a steady 8-5 job as they do about being the next rockstar?

Reality fucking sucks. Reality in other countries is much more grim.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote