Thread: Race in America
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 11:16 PM   #8
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Thanks everyone for your answers. Some good stuff here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Who has ideas on how to change the tide of race relations in America?

Everyone needs to be in the car scene. I made friends with all races by being a part of the car scene, and as far as I could tell, no one gave a flying fuck at a rolling donut whether you were brown or black or white or whatever as long as your car was well-done or you took the time to teach yourself.
I feel sorta the same way. Military service should be a mandatory minimum of 2 or 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
How do we shape the future of our country?
make education priority. smarter people -> more innovation -> less waste -> more money -> healthier, happier planet
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
People just need to try, because they totally don't
Most of this supposed racism is just people making excuses for why they shouldn't try, or why they can't succeed because of the "system".
Fully agree with this.

Your post had me rolling at some points. Not gonna lie, I'd be disappointed if my kid ended up being a furry. Them being gay wouldn't bother me as long as they weren't just looking to screw anything they can.

I'm not a black person raised in a black community, but I do spend a lot of time thinking about what it must be like, as I do have friends that are black that I consider to be blood and I have a general concern for the outcome of the US during my lifetime. The conclusion I've come to is that general opinions and attitudes of the community itself allow feelings of white resentment to fester. I myself have felt the feeling of "ugh god, another know-it-all judgmental white person I've gotta deal with." Some of it is justified in that there is an undeniable history of cultural displacement, oppression, and racism that has been passed down from generation to generation on both sides of the racial spectrum. That also isn't to say that I don't regularly meet other white people that overly profile people for being different than themselves and tell me that they do and why they do. There's varying levels and reasons for them to do that, but on the other side of that coin is an amount of the same profiling of white people or any person by people that are raised in different communities. People gotta learn to let it go: Is that individual bothering you? No? Then why do you give a fuck about what they're doing or what their persona is?

I personally don't believe that white racism or racial bias is as common as people make it out to be. Honestly, I'm pretty good at getting those white people that are to show me their hand so to speak. And I don't come by them all to often, and when I do they're almost always over 50 years old or have a strong relationship with someone over 50 that has racist tendencies.

When it comes to the crime rate issue, I think it has a lot to do with a) the already strained relationship between police and black communities from the past, and b) the "fuck the police" mentality. People need to realize that police are human beings, performing a highly stressful job, called to deal with the bottom of the barrel on a regular basis. When something like that young boy getting shot 17 times happens, that's despicable on that individual police officer's part- but for people of the black community to take that and say "hey, fuck the rest of you. I hope my new album about killing cops pisses you off," you definitely aren't taking the high ground to better the situation and make a difference in changing the perception of your community with those strongly biased toward it. The whole 'fighting prejudice with prejudice' thing.... nah, aint gonna work. 'My prejudice against white people doesn't change things for them or me...' yeah, it does, it creates a racist.

With all of that said, people need to thicken up their skin and think for themselves some more. Because this news and social media bullshit, is what is divisive and misleading them to believe in and be angry about things that usually just don't even align with reality. It's like politics, damn Hillary Clinton stands up there and pukes bullshit to make people like her, but in the end it's bullshit and they're being played like a giant deck of cards. Some people are just so weak minded that all they can do is follow a crowd, because it appeals to their sentiment even if it defies logic or reality. It's sad really.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote