View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #3048
maqshood

Trader Rating: (0)
maqshood is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I know there's a guy running a shop in Australia that has been able to order the classic bronze TE37s, even in discontinued sizing. This was about a year ago that he offered them to me and someone from Australia also has a brand new set purchased through this guy here on Zilvia. Not sure how he's doing it, but he convinced Mackin to make them and allow him to purchase them.

Again, take it for what you will. Who knows what is going on, haha. It is funny though when I see people selling things with Streeter's packaging in plain sight. Doesn't always mean they are making money, but they probably are. How hard is it to take the packaging out of the background though? haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Fun information I was given about Rays and how they do things. If you place an order request for 8-10 SETS of rims, they will make a custom run for you if its feasible. So if they still have enough of the original materials needed, they will entertain you (if you've been a good customer or have someone (Large vendor/distributor) vouch for you.
Yeah that was me lol, i pretty much sent an email begging RAYS to make a re-run of the OG Te's in 17/18 spec. The main distributor here in Melbourne got in touch and told me that if you have enough sway with RAYS and order a lot of stock they can make it happen and so he ordered a whole bunch of sets in old discontinued sizes. I got my set and I know a few other friends bought some as well.

A lot of GTR guys here got the big GTR spec sets from him because of this as well. It ended up a win win for myself cos i finally got my dream set of wheels, and the distirbutor got good sales, plus the price directly from the distributor is a lot better than what the resellers are selling for and not much more than what used sets were going for at the time.

I would assume the IG resell guys would be getting there OG stock from the big distributors and selling on with there mark up.
maqshood is offline   Reply With Quote