View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 07:25 PM   #4230
Hareball

Trader Rating: (0)
Hareball is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
The Rays website says the +12 & +22 will clear "LANCER EVO.(VII~IX)". The +38 will not:

17 9J
― 12(50) Θη■#▲γΩ∑
― 22(40) Θη■#▲γΩ∑
― 38(24) η

・∑: LANCER EVO.(VII~IX)
Missed that bit, thanks for pointing it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
+12 and +22 will work. +38 will hit your coilovers; for a 9J, this is too much offset.

+22 is the 'safer' choice in regards to the fender fitment, +12 is more aggressive. Since you want to run 245's all around I would try for the +22's, you will have an easier time getting the tires inside the fenders that way.

However, +22 might not clear your brakes. Rotor offset it what matters in this case. EVO rotors are fairly low offset, meaning the calipers/rotors will be closer to the spokes. Offsets to compare:

S13 stock: 29.2mm
GTR brembo: 23.75mm
350z brembo: 19mm
EVO brembo: 11.5mm

How the inside of the spokes are designed also has a big impact, however Rays are generally know to have good clearance.

Honestly, it's a bit of a toss up. +22 may require a small spacer to clear the brakes, +12 likely won't. +12 will need more camber/rolling, +22 won't. If I were you, I'd go +22, hope for the best, and toss on a spacer if it doesn't fit.

Good luck.

EDIT: These are 18x9.5 +22 DR57's on an evo... spokes look extremely close to me, and I have no idea if he's running a spacer. Of course the diameter and width are different, but still.

Bought a fender roller and heat gun, probably going to end up with +12 and try my hand at destroying my fenders. Have to wait until the rest of my brake parts come in anyways so Feb will be wheels/tires in the mail and everything going in, should give me time to roll fenders.

Ended up with 2 sets of rear calipers as well so dual caliper setup whaaa....
Hareball is offline   Reply With Quote