View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
koukis13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
koukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the rough
s13

Sorry, but for whatever reason, the bottom bunch of photos are not showing.

I put the car on the rotisserie and started removing about 90% of the undercoating to see what was up.

Upon inspection, there wasn't really much rotten metal except for the common spot, driver side frame rail. I ended up cutting the side that was bulging and on the inside was just surface rust so I wire wheel the surface rust off, then treated it in Eastwood Fast Etch acid, after I neutralized and clean it with Eastwood paint prep. Then I applied Eastwood platinum rust encapsulator on the inside. Applied some Eastwood weld thru primer and welded the two plates back in. Later on when I'm done welding everything, all frame rails and rocker panels will be getting treated in Eastwood internal frame coating. I don't wanna sound like I'm a promoter for Eastwood products but apparently this shit works good.

So I plan on going with the old 2jz-gte, and I was told that it would help to move the radiator forward. After some googling, I went for it. I added some metal to the top rad support so later on I can put some foam there for my radiator to rest on. The bottom will get two more triangle pieces to strengthen the lower rad support.

I wanted to put some tubs in the front, never done it before, after some helpful threads on Zilvia, I went ahead and did it. I think I fucked up because I should of angled the tubs outwards to get some extra space inside the engine bay. The tubs width that I went with are 13" wide. Also I didn't want to put those plates on the outsides like how people usually do em, I went with the painful trimming until I could get it to line up perfectly with the OEM panels.

koukis13 is offline   Reply With Quote