View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #63
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
You can see in the underglow pics, that I went overfenders on the rear. While the left side rear quarter was fine, the right side had been replaced at some point. Badly.

I noticed what I thought was a bit of rust coming through the silver paint, so I took a pad sander to that section and found some really impressive bog work over a black black quarter panel.

Everywhere I sand back was rusting under the original paint. Rather than cut off the entire rear section and find another, I figured I'd just go over-fenders and treat the rust at some point in future.

Looks horrible. Ended up welding and sealing the holes to make sure it's waterproof.

Overfenders are just the cheaper 30mm Origin junk. Used conical washers and nut-serts thinking it would be easier to remove and replace them in future. Hate the way it looks. Have some other fenders I'll be ordering soon to replace these.

First test-fit with it all on the ground.

Leon managed to finish up the intercooler piping, and between myself and a couple of friends we got the rest of the plumbing and wiring sorted in record time.

326 Power coilovers are the best. With the car sitting at its current height, there is still 30mm I can wind down the rear of the car before I start to impede on shock travel or spring preload.

After talking with the boys at Proximity, one of the biggest issues they see with low-mount SR's, is this top hose melting/splitting from heat damage. To make sure I don't suffer from it, I bought a sheet of heat shield and made this section, and another section for the wiring near the turbo. The difference it makes on a temp gun is phenomenal. Would recommend/10.

By now, the engine bay was pretty much finished.

Time to throw it on the dyno.

Hopefully I can find the Videos.

EDIT: I actually think the photo of how low the car sits was taken after it came off the dyno. I remember having to raise the car, as it would get stuck trying to drop between the rollers hahaha