View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #394
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:

Alrighty, so I've been moving trying to get this thing back to dyno ready. Had a couple little hic-ups. So here we go!

I put in an order with Elliot at Turblown/Turbosource for the Innovate ssi-4. It'll allow me to log my fuel pressure and oil pressure with the Adaptronic Select ecu. It will also allow me to run a couple safety parameters in case of low fuel/oil pressure. The install in simple and the module is a good price. Good piece of mind, .....especially since i'll be going on my 4rth Motor since I've owned the car. So with this.....I've figured whatever I can do to help "PREVENT" a catastrophy...i'm going to do haha. Also got some electrical goodies to move all my aux wires for gauges, innovate products, and anything in the accessory department...straight through a single separate fuse box. This way everything will be easily accessible and right in front of me so I won't have to look around all over the place for install, or for trouble shooting. Question though!! Where should I pull Power from? I was thinking the Ignition Switch, so it'll all turn on when I turn the key. Any suggestions?

I also got a nice piece in from Fully Torqued Racing. The handbrake uses some really nice hardware and a Wilwood cylinder and reservoir. I wanted the reservoir so that I could run dual calipers and keep the two systems from interfering with each other in necessary situations.
Love the handle... may be modifying the mount bracket though. we will see.
And finally got my motor back from Howard. Looking forward to getting this thing running again.

Exedy twin disc, Excessive LIM, Full Function Rails, I.D. 2200 Sec, and Water pump housing, tb and elbow. I still really want to run the RE cosmo UIM TB and Elbow but I can't seem to find one as of late and I really don't want to run into any weird flow problems etc. I know people run it without problems but i'm just wary at this point. we'll see, we'll see.

Waterpump housing installed

Clutch Install...and my makeshift flywheel stopper

Excessive LIM installed and ffe sec rail w/i.d. 2200

Picked this piece up when I first built the motor...forgot who I got it from but it's excellent. Has extra ports in it for temp and pressure.. So I used one of them for my new Oil pressure sensor to run to the innovate ssi4

installed..along with OEM temp sensor, pressure sensor, and spark plugs. Using the autolite 3932x's right now for the time being but have extra 3932's with the resistor strap as well. I was told the resister strapped plugs are a bit better.

Oil filler neck fuel lines, aeromotive fpr and fuel pressure sensor installed

Calm before the storm...ready to go in.

raised the motor on the hoist and remembered I needed to install the oil level sensor plug..even though I don't use it and it's just a plug. And the Full Function Engineering Motor mounts still needed to be installed. So I tried using a new Viton o-ring...and this happened...

Luckily I had a spare..and I forgot to snap pics of the Full Function Engineering Motor Mounts. But god they're nice.. I love them. I'm using them on the Lowest engine height setting BTW.

So I dropped everything in and buttoned up some of the little things like plug wires, starter, engaged the clutch, and made sure everything was nice and secured. Also installed the Radiator and fans. I love that it's all just one piece.. lines and all. There are 4 mount bolts that hold the entire thing in and the bottom mounts really hold the unit sturdy..... And waalahhh! installed!

Continued:

Then something awesome happened.... I got an update on my FB ...and looks like I got a sweet shout out from one of the best known rotary specialty shops in the world. RE-A!!! I had to screen shot this to share with you guys. After all the hard work.....even though the car doesn't run yet....this really just keeps me inspired and motivated to keep on going!

Here is the space I will have to fit my externally gated BW EFR 8374 in. I know everyone has mixed feelings about long runner manifolds. But I'm going to stick with my educated guess that the longer runners coupled with a far more capable turbo.. will boost low-end/midrange power and give me the power delivery I am looking for. Power under the curve and a nice Broad Tq Curve.

although I couldn't snap pics of the mock of where I want the turbo to fit.. it is going to be a tight fit. going to have to really shoe horn it in there. I'm not excessively happy with the bulkiness of it but I'll have to just suck it up and make a heat shield for the LIM. Oyhh yea..also installed my second eccentric case ventilation line haha (..had to change the crank to eccentric). As everyone does..I routed this to the rear OEM factory turbo drain location on the passenger side rear iron.

gotta love the Baker Fire Sleeve

Gotta give some love to Elliot at Turblown. Since my very first week here Elliot has always helped me out. Build advice, products, turbos, boost accessories...He's always been there and never taken advantage of me. I've done business with a TON of people even before this car..and I must say that he is one of the most positive good people I've come to know and call my friend. If anyone has any questions about the Adaptronic ECU's or any boost related gear...I urge you to contact him for all your needs. He will take care of you. They've actually just started tapping into the JZ piston motors here in the states and have been running them in Aussi land for years. Since they've got a US distribution center now thanks to Elliot....you guys should all check out what they offer. But a quick break down...Pretty much your getting Haltech performance with a mom and pop shop customer support system. Anything you need to know will be answered VERY quickly etc. So go check out Adaptronic ECU's from Turbosource/Turblown Engineering, Elliot WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!!

Going to need more of this

Then I started prepping the cabin for round 3. Needed to make things neat, reainstall the dash, paint the roll cage and re route my battery cables lines etc and do my accessory fuse box... so I finally followed every open lead and pulled out everything I wasn't and will not ever use again....
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote