View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 01:01 PM   #4
S14Gio

Trader Rating: (0)
S14Gio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Which Megan exhaust do you have? I think they've made 3 versions, their original cannon-style exhaust had OK clearance but people hated it because it sat too level and didn't have that slanted-up HKS/Greddy/APEXi look. So they revised it to hang lower, and then came out with a "low profile" version that had an OEM style oval muffler tucked in tightly. Also where is it hitting? Lots of variation between exhausts in terms of the axleback/muffler area but if your midpipe or resonator are hitting that might be more of an install issue or your hangers are haggard.
I believe it's the second one you mentioned as it's non-resinated and has the cannon style muffler rather than the OEM oval one. On their website, Megan lists it as the Long Tip Turbo Type. It rubs pretty much everywhere, but it's particularly bad around the curved part of the midpipe and around the muffler. I checked the hangers and they aren't in horrible shape. The exhaust tip sits fairly close to the bumper so it seems like they're doing their job.

Thanks for the info man