View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #135
MiamiZ33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
MiamiZ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't want to burden this thread with an intro and my 1UZ woes, but I'll keep it short...

Who am I: My name is Mike. I'm a 29 year old graduated Mechanical Engineer from University of Miami, currently still living in Miami. I have tons of fab and machining experience (check out my previous job of chief engineer at scorpionmotorsports.com). I'm now in the medical device field working as a Biomedical Engineer. I've been drifting my Z for 3 years, and decided to build an S13 missile car since the Z is my daily and it's not worth busting up at the track.

My story: After getting the run around from Collins (including a huge variation in his pricing along the 6 months it took him to respond to all my detailed questions), I found a member on Zilvia selling his "turnkey swap". It was not cheap, but did come with all the right parts to stuff it into my S13 including a Z33 tranny and adapter, new ACT clutch and modified tundra headers. I don't have any malice towards the previous owner, he has been great at helping me out with questions I have, but the built quality is not up to my standards.. you know what they say, if you want it done right, do it yourself.

The wiring was hacked, the engine looks a thousand years old, and the other day, get this, I took the header wrap off to slap a coat of heat resistant paint on them only to my dismay to find a 3" section of galvanized fence post section welded in. To add insult to injury, the welds might be the worst welds I've ever seen and do not fully seal. Needless to say, I will be fabbing my own long tube 304SS headers (at least the driver side).

I can provide updates to anybody interested in my build, but I am grateful there are others out there that are knowledgeable and happy to post their builds for us to follow along.
MiamiZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote