View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #83
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
You were missed this week at button willow. I know you were planning to show up. Hope you make it to April first event.
Yeah I was feeling really sick. Did you do well? See you at the next event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Short of it is; S14 impellers are shorter when used on the S13 head due to the different casting between the heads. What this translate to is the impellers themselves simply do not reach far enough into the waterpump housing to have enough surface area to "pump" the water. Its like sticking half your hand out the window vs sticking all your hand out the window. Only half your hand actually gets acted on by the wind in the first scenario.

Look at them side-side. The details are not immediately apparent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Yeah I honestly don't know where the misinformation came from saying that the s14 pump was better for s13 engines, I've never bought into that myself. It's better to retain a s13 pump but run an oversized water pump pulley instead to slow it down slightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I think people confuse it with the s14 water neck.
Misinformation comes from frsport.com (http://www.frsport.com/Nissan-21010-...ly_p_2218.html)

I wish I read a little more before purchasing the s14 pump.

I was having my car tuned over the weekend and we saw some knocking around 4-5000 rpm. We had to end the session early.
Looking back, I'm wondering if the water pump may have caused problem somewhere and brought the cylinder temperature up.. Coolant temp was fine. Regardless, I'm changing the pump back to s13 one and going over the car to find any issues.

Last edited by battery1882; 07-07-2017 at 12:02 PM..
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote