View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 09:31 AM   #8
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
i think he means throttle butterfly, and it 100% sounds like a vacuum issue.

i had a 1700rpm idle and it would die under throttle. I adjusted the two nuts on the throttle cable that adjust throttle butterfly position at idle. this extended the throttle cable a bit, which closed the butterfly a bit more and dropped it down to 1100. this was after cleaning my IACV and using the brake booster hose to do a vacuum leak check (found some uncapped shit from previous owner's EGR delete)... and that vacuum leak was the reason my KA would die when throttled.

i thought i had a leak from the lines under the intake manifold so i removed it, did new gaskets and found a leak under there as well.

just make sure you adjust the throttle butterfly AFTER fixing vacuum leaks

Last edited by thermogod; 05-18-2023 at 10:30 AM..
thermogod is offline   Reply With Quote