View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #17
K_never_broke_again
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
K_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
besides the synchro's, check for bearing play, check the fluid that you drained for any kind of particulate or material (check with a flashlight, put it through a paint strainer)

How long have you owned this transmission/how many miles have you put on it? It's a bit odd that the teeth on the hub for reverse are worn so badly, but the synchro for it looks like it hasn't taken any abuse...I'd think it would be the other way around, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
trans came with my sr motor, I really don't think it has many miles at all I'd guess around 100k. I also found the reverse gear/synchro strange, as I watched a video which says gear wear like that points to a disengagement issue.

this brings me to my next point... I think I found I may have found the real problem. the other night as I was staring at my trans, I started absentmindedly scraping stuff off my input shaft. And I dont mean grease, but actual metal burrs that had accumulated between the splines(possibly from wear/clutch kicks?). I had to actually scape them off with a pick. somehow the back inch or so of it was all jammed up with it. My guess is that theres actually nothing wrong with the transmission at all... I think the shit on the input shaft wasn't allowing my clutch to fully disengage, as the clutch needs to slide along it. This also matches up with all my symptoms(happened slowly over time, affects all gears, feels like disengagement problem). At this point i'm crossing my fingers and putting everything back together. hopefully it'll be done by tomorrow night and I'll have an update.
K_never_broke_again is offline   Reply With Quote