View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:46 AM   #7
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Thanks guys, good to see theres a few people around here interested in this type of detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Download nistune and open an n62 bin and check to see if there are maps or constants based on speed.
I have an ECUTalk cable, and had some sorta software on an old computer [been gone a few years so I forget]. I'll have to look into this.

Can you elaborate on 'N62 bin', what does that refer to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC240 View Post
..if it didn't need this input from factory, it wouldn't be there.

As for the MIL, the ECU can and does trigger the MIL under very few, and rare circumstances.
I agree entirely with speed sensor comment, I am just trying to better understand the 'logic' the ECU uses it for.

I still have to get to the ECU and turn the screw...so it's easy enough to watch the blinking light there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
My point being the 62 ecu is so simple you really don't need an MIL for the majority of the time....
Agreed. Especially if you are 'one with the motor', its easy to tell when things aren't right. I don't need a light bulb to inform me.

I've read many times that 'SR20's dont have a check engine light' and if you look at the ECU pinout there is clearly a terminal for MIL...can't trust these damn kids on Zilvia.