View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 03:04 AM   #21
Wknd

Trader Rating: (0)
Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
Was waiting on finishing some things to post an update. This season has been quite stale, I drove the car frequently after getting it working again and since July not much mileage has been done. The car developed a problem, jerking during boost and stalling when idle. Lost some motivation so the car has been parked for over a month most of the time, maybe accumulated a few kilometres.

In July I got the exhaust manifold studs and gasket done, a few of them were missing and few of them were stuck in the block. The exhaust was leaking and I got it welded up, also the resonator was removed - the exhaust makes more of a growling noise now so I'm happy with the result, not too obnoxious.

I removed the oil and coolant temperature gauges from the dashboard, they looked a bit tacky and not what I really wanted. They also stopped working in the end of the last season and I really didn't care about them. Interior looks slightly cleaner now and hoping to get my own setup for the gauges in the future.

I've been wanting an aftermarket steering wheel for a while, Momo Mod 78 was in the plans for the longest, but I was never happy with the steering wheel position in the car, so I decided to go for a Nardi Deep Corn 350mm. Dumbass me discovered you can adjust the steering column closer when I installed the Nardi, so all in all it's 7cm closer now and made a huge difference.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/169jPRn.jpg/IMG]

Not long until hibernation now, in 2 weeks or so. Find a good spot to park the car for the winter, so happy with that.
The car definitely needs new coilovers for the next season, Tein's are completely trashed. Also planning to do the R8 coilpack conversion. Trying to figure out the jerking/stalling problem next spring.
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote