View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 09:51 PM   #58
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Once it was all together, I spent the day fitting the engine. The trans tunnel had been bent (pretty sure its damage from engine/gearbox removal, not clearancing) before I owned the car. Didn't have to fit/remove the driveline at all. Went in first try. Cheering.

Used some GKTech solid mounts I've had a box for years to mount the engine and box. Hate myself for it. I've got new poly versions ready to go, so that'll be happening in the next few weeks.

Used GKteck CD gearbox crossmember with solid SR mount to fit the box. Not that you can really see.

At any rate, the Insane Drifters kit is mint. Fits perfectly. That shifter alignment is sooo good! This is before it was bolted in properly. It sits further to the left once everything was tightened up.

Started fitting up a bunch more things. Started running the hoses, cables, harnesses etc.

By this time I had slapped most of the ancilliary parts back in.

Radiator came out of the japan car. It's a Koyo triple pass, copper core deal, built for an s14/s15. Had to custom make top brackets, but used new genuine rubber mounts top and bottom.

Fit the Tomei FPR on the strut tower with a ProFlow gauge because I didn't order the Tomei one.

All of the brakes are the same from the last car. I used the same lines too, so it has a BM44 Master, repainted booster, GKTech ABS Delete kit and GKTech S13 to R32 braided hoses.

To get the factory throttle setup to work with the new intake manifold, I got ended up fitting an S14 throttle wheel to the end of the shaft. Kept the S13 wheel attached, as the TB uses the s13 wheel as stoppers for open and closed.