Thread: bushings!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #21
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
Quote:
Originally Posted by mello88 View Post
Nice thread! And nice press that will definitely come in handy for future projects.

In december I'll be doing a similar project... Picking up a new used s13 subframe, going solid bushings, poly bushings on the uprights (already have brand new ball joints), multi link, z32 ebrake/hubs/calipers. Everything I've read is not making me look forward to getting the old bushings out... Shouldn't be too bad doing it at my fabricator's shop though.... Any other tips/advice?
For getting the old bushings out (assuming you have a press) it's really just a matter of thinking of ways to position each bushing in the upright vertically to press them out, the arms are pretty straight forward. The A arms, there is no way around it, you have to burn/cut them out, it sucks but it's gotta be done, you will see why when you look at the bushing.

As long as you have patience and take your time pressing the new bushings in is easier then getting them out as it doesn't take as much force, you could use a vice to hold them in place with a large enough press, and just use a flat head to help coax the large bushing ends in. Patience, time, and a clean work area (for when the greased up bushings fall while trying to press them in). Good luck, and take some pics