View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #22
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
bunch of stupid idiots in this thread

yes, you need the fucking offset bushings. i dont know how fuck-face above even suggested stretching the fuck out of the OE bushing to slip it onto the subframe. thats like shoving a fist in a womans vagina and leaving it there, 24-7.

you will need...................................
offset bushings (with shims)
lower control arms
long control (toe?) arm (which has proper width, none of that spacer nonsense)
spindles
diff cover

remember that you will need bushings for practically everything since its all old and shot. this means control arms, spindles, and diff bushings.

also, dont waste time burning bushings like _every_fucking_idiot_ suggests, as its a complete waste of time (unless you like blowing black bogies out your nose). drill the majority of rubber out of the bushing and use a recip-saw cutting inwards towards the subframe (as opposed to the thin outer areas).

i also suggest avoiding poly urethane nonsense, unless you want to spend a lifetime under your car removing the bushings, re-greasing them, and re-installing them. i have yet to see ANYONE make a clean setup w/ grease fittings, its all sloppy joe ghetto style.

so bushing alternatives are to get nismo (if you can find them) or get raped financially buying spherical bearings which are harsh and not really ideal for a street car, plus they are not designed to last tens of thousands of miles.

remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote