Thread: Auto 240 swap?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 11:07 PM   #2
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Don't look at 240s, the whole scene is about clutches.

Are you having a shop do it? A friend do it? Yourself, to whatever degree possible?

I'd say talk to a real auto tranny guy. There's manual valve bodies, push button shifting, probably lots more that I don't know. Tell them you want an auto that will bang gears and last on a hotrodded LS, and once you've got the drivetrain together let the tranny mount be the problem of whoever's stabbing it.

I wouldn't mess with an auto that originally came on an import cylinder. Plenty are great for driving as hard as you want without going sideways, but the toughness and support you want is going to be for GM, I'd wager. You could put a hand throttle on any 4 cylinder and mush it slightly sideways, but I don't think that's what you're asking. I don't think any SR that has the power to be exciting as an auto drift car wouldn't immediately lunch a 240 auto.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote