here's one that come up all the time.
whats the difference between:
dynojet
dynapac
dyno dynamics
mustang dyno
etc.

and which is the best/most accurate?
The best dyno, currently, is an Aussie company called Mainline Dynolog. Its best feature imo is tha bi directional communication, usually over CANbus with over 50 ecus.

Accuracy is tough, because many factors come into play. It is well known that dynojet fudged their numbers high.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...-chassis-dyno/

For tuning, if it can hold steady state, its good to go. Load type dynos have a load cell that measures torque directly, but they still need to factor in roller inertia, absorber windage, bearing friction etc.

I've owned Mustang, Dynodynamics and mainline. Unmolested, they all read very close. But they are all very easy to fudge.

Dynodynamics and mainline are awesome for tuning as the rollers have crazy low inertia, and the brake does all the work. This means I can hit every single load point and cel that the car will ever see on the road.

I contacted Land and Sea at one time, and they could not do load control on the Dynodynamics dyno without adding a heavy flywheel to dampen the system. My old mustang dyno had a 2000 pound base inertia, and a dynojet is even more!
Praxis is offline   Reply With Quote