Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #96
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I would really really really highly suggest getting away from the AFC with tuned ECU Setup, in hindsight in 05 i found out that was one of the main reasons I kept seeing detonation intermittently due to this...

the new haltech systems are amazing with onboard data logging for days and fully configurable tabs like tab browsing for the internet...takes a bit to get used to from the older E units (which are still my absolute favorite haltechs) but they are great to use for street tuning, dyno tuning and on track, street data logging.

There is an apexi unit however called the multi-checker you can look into this or you can look into data logging options from some of the rom modifcation comapnies...

Seriously though if you have been tuning this long and even if your motor is a champ on the current setup, moving from that setup to EMS alone will improve HP, torque and controllability and you can data log for years!

You won't regret it, just start saving a little by little, I can always help you remote tune for cheapo too, if your setup is pretty conservative you can get better power and easily adjust the fuel trim (just like you are with your AFC) with out interrupting any critical inputs like MAF etc with only a few keystrokes too