View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #247
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Look at the cars in the background. Seems like the standards for entering a show used to be much higher back then too.
It's all money and what you're willing to promote. That, and 'culture vultures'. Dudes that are handy with the IG shit but don't seem to actually care about the 'scene' as a whole. They just know how to generate buzz. System Motorsports and Prime NYC come to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post

American's in general though don't seem to posses much loyalty to something these days. Also disappointed with how many people used drifting as a jump off point but are now with other sports or fame and don't give drifting the credit it deserves. Not naming names, but anyone who has followed "pro" drifting for some time should have a few ideas.
I think it's kind of wrong to just say it's Americans. I think it's just younger people nowadays (hence the name change for this thread) that want instant gratification. There's a certain white, unfinished fastback that always pops up in my IG feed with a sadboi caption about how the owner is unmotivated to finish the car....so why post a picture? Oh, the IG likes. That's why. When the buzz is there kids are all about it and when it fades away it's time to move on to a new chassis. The ZN6 community was like that, too.

For the record, Japan is just as bad. I didn't realize it until I moved here but a lot of the people my (our?) age and younger actually have really shitty cars. Most of the content we're shown via blogs and websites is carefully selected and the owners of those cars are like middle-aged Dads with serious cash. The younger car-people here are suuuuuper into fads.