View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 11:45 PM   #18
jumboflan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
jumboflan has a little shameless behavior in the past
im still here. Figurin it all out. Man, there were a couple of metal coolant inlet nipples for heater core that went boom after i changed all but two heater core hoses. I didnt pull on those for fear it breaks. But over time it broke after i drove a few time in november december 2021. and fast forward to today august 2022. im still stuck. It's boiled big time in june 2022. I ran without a fan shroud. Because it doest fit over my koyo radiator. Which i decided to buy instead of the plastic end capper orielly radiator i replaced in august septmeber 2020.

I replaced the radiator cap with a brand new one . I boutht it off a advertiser here. mav1178 or something

It' s going good for 2 hours idleing in driveway. I fixed the radiator pip that goes to the intake manifold. The thing had a rip in right corner where rubber hose couldnt get to..

Then in june 2022 as i mentioned, i drove(without fan shroud) I couldnt fit the shroud without the stock radiator. . I have a koyo aluminum one now. Brand new. Anyway i overheated while going 15 blocks away from my house. the things ok for 30--50 mins while in my driveway. But as soon as i went up hill about 15 blocks away to show a friend. The thing blew up the little 1/4- 3/8 hose. that goes to the upper radiator neck to under throttle body. The one i had rewelded and brazed. I didnt replace that one hose of all the heater core hoses i did.

Somehow when it overheated i tried to make it back home but there traffic in 15 blocks. And it took 10 mins to get home.

But when i got home it was smoking and cracking and hot for 1 hours solid.

Now i replaced the little hose with a silicone one i got as a whole hose kit for sr20det. I cut it up and used it . Now im wiring an ISR efan . i didnt think that running car without a fan shroud could fuck me so bad.

I didnt turn off car and push down hill all way back though. Which i couldve technically did. At one point i was thinking to go another street to get back home. Which in hindsight wouldve been 100 percent better. Theres an old lady or something in front stopping completely for every stop coming back 15 blocks.

I think i messed up.