View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #29
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot BH had used items. Though on paper the nikon seems like an amazing options I dont think it fits my "need". Had a lot of though and even talking to my coworker who is a huge canon guy with 5kmk3 he said that for what I want the sony is best beat.

Both the 6D and A7ii sensor wise are amazing and huge step up for me. Only two difference in IQ canon cleaner noise on higher ISO and that natural out of camera warm tone while the sony has better dynamic range and better low light. So outside of pure pictures the difference is how Im going to use it.

-Sony all day for video over 6d
-Better for my manual lens with focus peaking in view finder
-The size and build is similar to my F3HP which is a beast for street and chugging around. Has similar look and feel so I can shot my normal "behind the scenes" shots without drawing much attention.
-I shoot a lot meets at night so that little more dynamic range along with internal stabilization will help huge in getting low iso shots and low noise shooting handheld.
-The jpg quality is actually just a tad sharper than canons which would be awesome if I do events where im running around taking as many pictures as I can
-Has eye AF which would be awesome for portrait photography on the fly.
-Once I get a canon adapter or nikon lens I could slap that on a second body for 4k. The a6300 and a7s are coming way down in price.

The only things I will missout on the canon 6d is work flow like if I shot a wedding and having to wait for the sensor or adjust stuff through menu so I might miss a good moment, battery life but tbh when I shoot I normally do all my shooting within an hour if I go somewhere special and I still have the film mentality of only hitting shutter when I need to so I will take at most 50-100 pictures at most, never done anymore. Last is ergonomics of being overly built. Kinda worried about moisture and sand getting the camera since im in florida but im never by the beach and im overly careful with things I own and everything is basically the same condition I bought it over a good amount of time. (my car is different lol)

My idea is the sony will be like an up to date Nikon SLR in size/build, I will shoot more manual lens than anything which will be better over the 6d and last is video will huge upgrade in this. Not 4k like i'd want but even the 1080p from what i've seen is just a hair better than canon along with out of the box picture profile I can color grade.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote