View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 01:24 PM   #23
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by sykikchimp
This is all true, unless your in a spec class, or have gotten your race car sorted to your liking.
Even in a Spec Class more tires/ rain tires... dyno tuning for the extra few HP... corner weighting... better tools because you fear your sockets are all now worn and about to strip a bolt... new driving shoes.... a better trailer... a new air tank.... that pyrometer you've always wanted.... more power for your tow vehicle.... but mostly: track time to practice on.

I was actually privelidged enough to get to see THE SICKEST race setup ever, during the double header autocross for the NER season.

Tow vehicle: Top of the line fully furnished feather-lite coach
Trailer: top of the line feather-lite enclosed trailer
(Go here to DROOL
Race Car: Lotus Europa without a single bit of Lotus Europa left. Walking by it, I think I saw my first and only Ford Racing Cosworth engine.... not to mention the REAL carbon fiber body (not just stupid carbon fiber matting with crappy resin. This thing was probably supposed to see life on the space shuttle).

I thought I was done with my car earlier this year.... but now with a National Championship looking as though it could be a reality..... my own process of modding starts all over again (with something that could rival a JGTC GT300 car)