View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 02:01 PM   #5
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

Trader Rating: (0)
sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
Movinup-1 - I have heard that so many times.. "Make yourself faster, not your car".. "with experience, and practice comes speed".. What I was missing in those statements was the "ME" part.. I was focusing too much on the "Fast" part. What I'm realizing is that going fast isn't the goal, being fast is. (That sounds confusing, but maybe you can understand.)

Dousan - I love my car. Matter of fact sometimes I think I love it too much. The other day, I left my window down all night.. there was a thunderstorm. When I found out the next morning, I almost had to vomit. I was SO upset. It made me ask myself why I care so much about a freakin' car!? I see it like this. Everything I do is an extension of myself. The things I really enjoy, and are a part of me, I put a lot of energy into. I know that I'm not perfect, and I wish I were. When striving for this "perfection" sometimes we look to improve things in ourselves that don't necessarily need to be improved. Yet. That energy would be better spent on another aspect of improving ourselves. I believe I'm finding my energy would have been better spent in another way. i.e. Track time. It's going to be different for everybody. This all just made me realize that I need to concentrate more specifically on what I want to do, and pay less attention to what others want/expect me to do. It's a very hard separation to make.

I think what I'm trying to do in my life right now is figure out how to weigh what my priorities are. And then spend my energy in the appropriate proportions to be truly happy. It's seemingly an endless balancing act as the weights are never the same from moment to moment.

Charles - simply walking the path