View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 02:14 PM   #12
DEMo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DEMo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowking View Post
I like that you found a way to keep the A/C! It looks like you had to modify the hood for it to shut completely? In fact, it looks almost like it has a bulge in the final pictures...
I cut the skeleton out above the plenum. There is a bulge but I prefer it over a spaced out hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiDaJoker View Post
Curious on how you retained ac. Did you just swap over the ka compressor and lines?
SOHC KA compressor and lines were used. The KA AC bracket was welded to the VQ bracket and it uses the OEM tensioner from the the KA. Luckily, nissan uses the same belt size for KA/VQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiDaJoker View Post
Yea, i knew that was another option but was curious how he kept price down with getting lines made. How much does it run you locally?
I bought fittings and 6' of hose and made the line myself. It was under $70 in parts for hi pressure and about $30 for low. I have since added a power steering cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Do any of your gauges work?
Fuel is the only thing that works. RPM works if you use a MSD pickup node. Speed works if you buy a GPS speedometer pickup from JEGS. wires right up to stock cluster. I cruise around with my tablet for my vitals. Torque lets you know whats going on in real time. I put my gauges away when drifting and peek at them after my run. so far so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ib9zDIa5E8