View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #21
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Wait until Windows 7 comes out.

I would NOT recommend a Netbook as a primary PC. For notebooks, I recommend HP (anything from their business line, not their consumer line). Lenovo Thinkpads is the line that was formerly IBM and very good. See the T and R series.

Stay the FUCK away from Dell, and I'm going to say Acer as well as I've had to deal with that POS brand lately too.

TEST the laptops material for quality. How? Grab at the corners and try to flex it. Lots of flex = crap. A laptop is a lot like a cellphone, if it feels cheap you are not going to like it in the long run. You want it to stand up to wear and tear, its going to happen. And make sure the keyboard has a damn Windows key if you're going to be using Windows (biggest annoyance ever!). Check the feel of the trackpad. Check keyboard tactile feedback.

I've bought and sold refurbished HPs, no complaints.

I would not recommend buying anything locally, buy it online. You can still get financing from the companies directly through their outlets. I do recommend trying to find the model you will buy online locally first so that you can see how it feels.

Good luck.