View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #148
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Are there any purist Left on this Board? V. jdm parts etc.

Oh boy...

I'm by no means a purist but I do take care in putting together my car (in every sense of the phrase); I've had the same chassis since I turned 15 in 2008. Don't get me wrong, my car has an SR, PFC, analog defis, etc because I like late 90's early 00's styling, but it has a fake bride, fake vertex, phase 2 suspension arms just because they get the job done. It looks good (imo), goes good, stops good, turns good so I don't mind the handfull of knockoff stuff that's on it; I'll replace it when I have the money/time to do so.

As for everyone talking about final bout and super D, there's still a lot of cobbled together, half-assed polished turds rolling around those events with JDM parts on them. I think !Zar! hit the nail on the head earlier when he said it's all in the execution. I have more thoughts on "purist" events like that but I got real drunk one night and ranted in my blog and woke up to death threats on facebook so I'll keep my opinion to myself now.

Also, +1 to whoever said Japanese stuff doesn't necessarily mean quality anymore. My VIS aero fits perfect and my DMAX fenders fit like trash and make my car look like a pre-runner from the front left.