View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #98
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
wait, did you put those sleeves in yourself?
No, unfortunately I does not have the machines myself so I had a mate doing it for me. I'll receive this block by this week most likely, then I'll make a nice picture of them both standing next to eachothers, as my extreme motor is now in pieces (read below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtf View Post
dayum that thing is business.
Thanks you! I hope to make a remarkable power with a DET as everyone else uses the VE.

Update:

Since last time I have demounted the whole engine, as I have to ge tht e surface of the block re-surface( sorry does not find the proper english word for it) as the Darton dry sleeves have sunken 0,2 MM down. This happens as of temperatures up and down, as of the temperatures outside is sometimes -20 and inside the workshop a lot warmer. This is normal and the sleeves are also glued so it takes a while in some cases for this to dry properly.

It's sad that i had to do all this when the whole engine was about ready. Hopefully this is the last time its outside of the engine bay for a loooong time!

Spent a couple of hours working with the s15 diff pump I bought to use on the Tremec geabox cooling. Rust was pretty bad some places but after about an hour of abrasive blasting it turned out pretty nice and the rest I took by hand. after that I opened it and replaced all the sealings, added some castrol lubrication and checked the bearing inside. Tested and it worked perfect. Next thing I have to do is to decide a colour and paint it.

Here are some more pics of my mates old Opel Kadett '79. Yesterday I checked the cylinder head thats being put on the B230 block.

Did a little polishing in the combustion chamber just because I love things looking good, even tho no one ever going to notice! and that it will be gone in 1 minute after running the engine haha

That's one of the most extreme 8V cylinder head in my country. at low boost this car made 534 RW Newton at only 3400 RPM! and it just kept on until we had a 700rwhp

Done!

Also I am finally done with this car I bought with a hazarded engine for a killerprice and hope to earn some money on it to get more parts for my car.

Cheers!