View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 10:33 AM   #4
Chief 1402
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (23)
Chief 1402 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
The pinout is different but you could make a jumper harness or repin your stock harness or just swap wires around. Other vehicles which have basically the same switcch assembly with slight variations/different pinouts include the B14 200SX (I think this one is identical to the D22 Frontier) and the GC8 Impreza 2dr.

If you grab a B14 200SX FSM (I think they're still up on NICO) you can get the pinout, and I've seen the GC8 pinout around. I think the B14/D22 and GC8 also don't use the whole "window amp" setup so you'd bypass that.
Yeah I figured the pinout would be different, but the amount of pins matches. Just trying to find something similar to the s14 switch, hopefully it would fit in the stock trim or have to 3d print a trim and cut it.

To my understanding the 95 s14 didn't have an amp, caused fires, so they introduced a built In amp to the switches from 96-98. So in theory you'd still need an external amp for the b14/d22/gc8 you mentioned to be "safe" I'd assume.

Just trying to tackle a problem here that would help the entire community potentially... I'm telling you if someone had a retrofit window switch with the trim and a adapter harness on the market they'd be making a killing in sales for this car..
Chief 1402 is offline   Reply With Quote