View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #20
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to dct223
That funnel bleeding system is a good tool, I always use that. Pro tip if you do, clamp off your overflow line. Otherwise you end up just filling your overflow tank.

You leave the funnel connected to your radiator as you are bleeding the system, not just to fill. Like what fullboost says it makes the coolant highest point as well as allowing the coolant to expand and contract as your engine heats up and cools down pending what kind of cooling fan system. IE myself running E-fans on a thermostat the coolant will expand and fill up the funnel and as the fans come on and cools, it contracts down back into the radiator. Also giving a bunch of revs help burp and get rid of more air in the system while your engine is running.

None of that matters if you are having issues with the thermostat not opening and lower line staying cold. Like I mentioned before.. If everything worked properly before removing coolant lines and installing new intake manifold, it probably has to do with something in your plumbing. Could try a stock thermostat to double check as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
If you use that set up It will not make a mess. The water/coolant will now be higher up than engine. Air will travel to the highest point. With that funnel you can hold the R.P.M.'S at 3k & let the water pump help move all the air out. When your all done leave the funnel on & let the car completely cool and it will seriously eliminate all air trapped.

Tech tip fill the funnel 1/4 of the way to leave room for expansion. Then start the car & let it do its thing.