View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 02:15 AM   #19
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfiend View Post
Sorry but not following how a funnel will eliminate air pockets. Does this setup create some sort of suction on the cooling system or something? Ive never had a problem filling my cooling system in the past 15 years on these motors and not getting air pockets. First time for everything i guess. Ill try purging the system more this weekend and see if that helps.

Still no mention of how I have my coolant lines deleted and the single loop so I assume most don't feel that that could be causing the issue?
If you use that set up It will not make a mess. The water/coolant will now be higher up than engine. Air will travel to the highest point. With that funnel you can hold the R.P.M.'S at 3k & let the water pump help move all the air out. When your all done leave the funnel on & let the car completely cool and it will seriously eliminate all air trapped.

Tech tip fill the funnel 1/4 of the way to leave room for expansion. Then start the car & let it do its thing.