View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 03:39 AM   #268
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
Do any of you older heads associate yourselves with the younger crowds? Im 25 and right in the middle and starting to not associate with younger lads unless they are making quality smart decisions about their cars and life.
...this is perfect for the old grumpy assholes thread.

The data would suggest there is a strong correlation between shit cars, indecisiveness, and lower ages.

I don't associate with many car guys around that age. In my opinion they are usually quick to 'complete' a car because newcomers now have easier access to avenues for parts that were once less-known. They also know who to mimic because they see the lasting impression the 'old heads' have left on this community. It's a recipe that's easy for clout chasers to follow. When the clout runs out, however, they simply hop platforms. I can probably search a few FS threads on here from young guys that built cars and then sold them before they ever really spent time with it. It's the thrill of the hunt and when the hunt is over they want to hunt something else.

Young car 'enthusiasts' are (to me) mostly not genuinely into cars, let alone this platform. There's some degree of interest but the buzz from social media is what they're really enthusiastic about. I don't actively categorize who I interact with according to age because, in all honesty, I think between Zilvia and IG there are only 4 people that I consider to be genuinely in love with these shitty cars and that's spanning a wide range of age groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Anyone else hate those Vertex Wheels?
I've never liked SoCal stars on my steering wheels...but hey I got a limited edition collabo Vertex X StanceNation wheel. Bought it new for $350 last night but it was a limited release so you can have it for the astonishingly low price of $800. Act now. Shit's hotter than the new 'Preme drop boiiiiiii.