View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
poormtnkid

Trader Rating: (0)
poormtnkid is an unknown quantity at this point
SR20DET Red Top Oil Pressure Issue

Hey Guys/Gals

Recently I had my engine rebuilt by a local machine shop as my #4 cylindar rings have failed. I'm just now getting the engine back in the car and ready to fire, when I went to "prime" the system I noticed I was not getting any oil into the head or into the turbo oil feed line.

So I started to search the forums to find out what the proper way to prime this pump would be. I read a lot about packing the oil pump during install.....Not sure if that was done or not by the shop. Here is what I have tried so far with no luck:

- Backfilled out through the turbo feed line
- added oil to filter multiple times to fill through that port
- used a drill pump to force oil through my oil cooler lines through the system, it did eventually start dumping out the cam squirters
- overfilled the pan by 2-3 quarts

After all these methods I tried cranking multiple times for 20-30 seconds a pop with fuel cut off and spark plugs removed. I'm at the point of thinking that the shop did something incorrect while installing the new pump. I have never done an oil pump replacement so for the ones who have, what are some common mistakes that could happen from preventing oil not getting sucked up and into the system? Any other methods I should try?

Really frustrated about this as the shop said it would take 4-6 weeks for rebuild and it ended up taking almost 4 months to get it back. And now that I have the engine in my car and buttoned up this is happening and I want to blame them, but at the same time I don't want to remove the engine and take it back down to these jokers.

Appreciate any help.
poormtnkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links