View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:25 PM   #21
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapower
I have played around with my alignment for the last 3 years, as of now I only auto cross, but here are my specs...

The car is a 91 hatchback, w JIC flta'2s 7/5kg/mm spring rates. 15x7 + 0 offset w/225/45/15's victoracer's (econo racers!) White line sway's front and rear with custom fabricted spherical endlinks (BTW the endlinks make a huge difference, much much more predictable...). 50% spherical bearings 50% poly... (soon to be all metal)

Front camber) 3.7 negative ___ rear camber) 2.3 negative ... I have never been on a skid pad, but tire temp's are pretty even. I think you will need more or less camber depending upon Tires, and wheel rates. I have heard of other's running 5+ degrees up front and 3+ in the rear, but that effects braking.

Front toe) 1/16-1/8" toe out helps turn in, makes the car much more responsive.
Rear toe) 0 degrees__ I tried a little toe out a couple of times now, and the car is way to unpredictable, I don't recomend it. Toe in will help the car get the power down and help stabalize the car. I tried up to 1/8-3/8 toe in, which definetly stabalize's the car, but I like my car fairly twitchy for auto X'ing.

Well thats my setup, hope that helps -Jason M

P.S improvedtouringforum.com- look in the nissan section... thoose guy's know about the 240...Bob stretch did well with his 240 in ITA. You really need spherical bearings all the way around if you want to be competitive, reducing suspension bind is a big deal with 240's. (we have lots of bushings) Stretch ran on Advanced design double adjustle struts, with I believe GC's. Some (and possibly most) of the ITA guy's run without a rear bar, they say it make's the car more predictable...

I like your setup, only thing is i havnt heard many good things about the JIC coilovers, but thats all i ahev heard, no experience here. I have never autocrossed, but i know the low speeds and sharp turns require a very touchy suspension setup. I plan to go with adjustable links with bushings, i need the bushings to absord some stress from the road (being that some courses are rougher than others). I havnt planned to run as much negative camber as you, maybe -2 deg all around. and for toe in/out, id like them at 0 becasue of the long banking turns i dont need the tires fighting each other at all for the speeds im moving at.

I have talked to a few ITS or ITA guys before at VIR, most of them ran a basically stock setup, with coilovers and pillow ball mounts, but im not sure about all the links, i never had time to sit down, they were busy prepping the car for the races or qualifying track times. They are good to talk to about the ideas of the suspension, but i cant relate to them 100% because i plan to push more than twice their wheel HP once i get to comeptition, which means i need differnet breke, and tire setup then them. But their knowledge of suspension has been and will be helpful. Thanks for your advice and setup of your car, good reference, thanks jason.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote