View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 10:36 PM   #3
Rokafella

Trader Rating: (0)
Rokafella is an unknown quantity at this point
Dodged a bullet

*Update*

I was finally able to get the car towed to a location with enough space to start working on it again.

Task 1: Compression test
Car has been sitting for 3 years so I wanted to warm it up for the test.
After Draining the gas tank, changing fluids, plugs, belts, I decided to start her up. Started right up, and after warming up a little the idle seemed a little off. I pulled the plugs and noticed 1 plug was wet. So I swapped the extra coilpack I had laying around and started it again. This time the idle was perfect and ready for the compression test.

Results: 150-150-140-150 (cylinder 2 was the bad coilpack)

Cylinder #3 is within range, and I had a good feeling it was a valve not seating. After another oil change and a couple warm ups I tested again.

Results: 150-150-144-150 Pretty happy with that.

Even with all that the car still did not want to rev smoothly same Maf/Injector issue as before not to mention the stock ecu with unknown tune.
So I ordered a Megasquirt Pnp2, and 4 new coilpacks. Installed everything with no problems. Changed the injectors settings, deleted Maf for Map, and so far I couldnt be happier. I have not gotten the chance to get it tuned on a dyno, but have done some basic idle & street tuning with my wideband.

My suspension is pretty old so i'm currently waiting on new coilovers before I make any hard pulls or take her to a dyno.

All in all I got pretty lucky.

This time......
Rokafella is offline   Reply With Quote