Thread: Ca18det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #244
purplove
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
purplove is an unknown quantity at this point
First off, I'd like to say that I had no clue there was a ca18 dedicated fb page lol. Second, I highly doubt it'll fit right. It all comes down to which manifold your using. I'm running the ssac manifold and it lowers the position of the turbo quite a bit. What I ended up doing, and what I recommend anyone trying to run a similar setup to do is to simply cut off the 3 bolt flange on both the down pipe and elbow and switch to a v band. I'm using a ISR 3" elbow and a Trust/Greddy down pipe. I cut a little over an inch off of the downpipe before welding on the v-band flange. Then I added a flex section on the downpipe to allow for a little movement. My downpipe is even with the frame rail and is not in a stressed position. With the stock manifold I had issues with my downpipe hitting the frame rail, the v-band would work great for this to cus you could loosen the nut and twist the downpipe to the position that works for you. If anyone needs pics I can provide them upon request, happy CA tuning
purplove is offline   Reply With Quote