View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #78
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tloh View Post
You do realize the WHOLE POINT of them using a v6 and not a inline right?

Look up vq35 swaps in 240sx and see where the motor sits, it's a weight distribution made in heaven. BUT I know most 240 owners just want to slide there car around and into shit, and don't care about proper weight balance when it comes to driving on a track or autox.
I dont need to look up shit. Look up practically any BMW and you'll see that they've been using straight 6 motors _for_ever_. They're also known for building some of the best motors and most balanced cars. Better be careful, Aaron or Dave might chime in and say how much they like(d) their BMW over their NISSAN.

Personally, I think there are higher manufacturing costs with the straight 6, in addition to packaging issues, plus efficiency (i think). But all of that I dont care about. Again, I am not a new NISSAN customer, I am a supporter of old NISSAN. I like the Z32, Z33, Z34... but I would never own one. I like the S30 Z. I like the S13. These cars appeal to me. Not some fugly piece of junk car with random letters for a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
that was NOT the 350z concept, it was called the 250z and it was built on a modified S14 chassis. the 350z concept actually LOOKED like the 350z.
See attached photo. I think I actually snapped that photo.. many many years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
I have not cared for any car Nissan has put out after the S15, which was not even sold in the US. Not because I am some kind of Silvia RWD turbo blah blah fanboy or a 90s purist, I just think all of their cars after that have been hideous or generic, or dumb niche cars for markets that Nissan itself tried to create. Sure the GTR may be awesome, but it is not my cup of tea. And buying the IDx or any ugly 'love it or hate it' car based purely on brand loyalty will only make that brand slowly deteriorate instead of forcing them to reevaluate their strategies.
That actually goes for all Japanese automakers. It seems that today South Korea is to the auto industry what Japan used to be twenty years ago.
I totally agree. Even the GTR, I have absolutely no interest in owning a technologically-laden car like that. I'de rather buy a Z06 Corvette which is easy for normal humans to service (me included, and I'm an idiot). Plus, it not a piece of shit automatic.

"but its a dual clu..."

^ shut the fuck up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NewZ_01.JPG (79.4 KB, 25 views)