View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #134
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
I skip around a lot.

I got the HKS coils in and went to KTS for an alignment. I seriously can't say enough good things about this suspension. The car feels great. I've got a little bit of binding in the rear so I need to fuck with the preload but the car feels awesome on the road. I'm going to take almost all camber out in the rear once I roll the rear fenders. I have my tires chosen, but I'm trying to wait until I sell a couple things on the forum before I buy new tires.

I held off on getting my 'project' LMGT4s redone since I might be moving. I'm still torn between getting them done a custom color or going for white. I have bronze and silver so white would be the last color to say I've got all the 17" colors...besides finding Omori 17" wheels one day...

Still can't decide what to use. The bronze wheels are more of a trophy at this point. No one wants to pay what they're worth and I'm alright with that. I think that if I sold them for less because I was seeing dollar signs, I'd regret it. I thought someone was going to buy these but they backed out last minute. I was hoping to get some CE28SLs with the bronze wheels funds.

*brightness increased on pictures due to shitty weather.
* why is there a line through the top parts of the wheels...

I also got the connectors for my steering wheel so I finally have a horn button again. For some reason the SRS resistor isn't doing what it needs to do and I have a flashing SRS light. Any input? I disconnected the battery for about 20min and still nothing.

I recently got the OEM sideskirts painted and installed. Looks a little weird to me but I'm getting used to it. I don't like the OEM rear pods, and although I want an aero front bar I think it will look lame without an intercooler tucked behind it.

Speaking of intercoolers, I've been all over the board since I got to Japan as far as my goals. Get a nice, clean car and try to squeeze some more power out of it or just 'steal the base' by buying up clean examples while I still can. I've obviously leaned towards the latter. Suspension, maintenance, and cleaning.

I always knew 'car people' that thought they had to sell their cars as a sign of maturity or something. I ran into this a lot in the US whenever I'd pick up another S13 because it was always someone selling the car to 'move on' or 'get an adult car'. I remember buying my S14 fron a guy that was about my age currently, and he was selling it to get a G37 because he said it would look more 'professional'.

I think it's all in the styling. My cars are boring to most people, but I feel like people who really know Nissan cars will notice that it's:
- low enough to look alright, but not stupidly low
- got ill-fitting wheels, but doesn't cross the line into being ridiculous
- using OEM parts

When I was installing the coilovers on my car, a guy in his 40s walked over to my driveway. I've lived in my house close to 3yrs and never met this person. He brought me some old school Nissan brochures for Laurels, Gazelles, and of course Silvias. He told me he'd noticed all the S-Chassis cars I'd had, that he works at the Nissan factory in Oppama, and he wanted me to have these brochures as a gift...and that's the type of thing that makes me feel good about what I'm doing. I'd like to think that some dude with a clapped-out/fuccboi-spec car that would get 'all the IG likes' would've been ignored, but who knows. All I know is that the guy pointed out key things on my cars that typically only I notice, and it just felt great.

Last edited by dizzariot; 07-08-2019 at 06:43 PM..
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote