View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 01:48 PM   #31
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Well it seems one should just skip M11 then, as M11 time serts are larger in diameter than M12x1.25 threads, and I know that 1/2in studs are really close to too big for the block and you can start running into wall thickness issues depending on core shift.

Good call on the washers, I've never put them in a KA head but we use them in the 4G63 platform.
I wouldn't necessarily say so, m12s would require machining done to the head to be able to torque the fastener, unless someone create some sort of custom nut to allow use of smaller socket. Not needed with m11s, and with l19/ca625, you'll still get comparable clamping loads which probably sufficient for 95% of builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Holy shit. Man, development for the KA lately has been so cool to see. Thanks for explaining, guys. Who do we owe thanks for these headstub/timesert discoveries for the KA? Did this come from Tomei or some KA-T community diehard?
The idea of using a bigger headstud in KA has kicked around for awhile. Dsport had wrote an article about using timeserts for a bigger stud in KAs, but i'm sure they probably got the idea from somewhere else as well, they just brought it to light. Duncan351 documented the use of insert washers with the KA.

http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/how-to...of-any-engine/

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php