View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 06:57 PM   #134
wkpainter

Trader Rating: (0)
wkpainter is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo h8ters. i'm the one with the god speed intercooler. come at me bro.

I don't care that you are a super purist. that's cool and the scene needs more people like you. But not EVERYONE needs to be like you. Ragging on companies that make quality parts because they dont have super jdm craftsmanship and bring dishonor to your family is kinda dumb. Ragging on people who use said company parts is kinda dumb too. I bought my s13 when i was 18 years old and used it as a project for my autobody post highschool training. That was 13 years ago.

When i bought it, it was 2 tone red and black primer with poorly welded rust repairs. I fixed all the poor body work, painted it blue with a black roof/a pillars. It had a piece of plywood and a 2x4 brace that made up the driver's seatback. so i bought a corbeau a4 to replace it and years later bought a passanger side to match. It had oversprayed stock tear drops (which i still own) on it which i replaced with "tirerack special" black with a chrome lip asa wheels because it was 2005 and i had no idea what quality cool parts were here in PA where our tuning scene is 10 years behind the west coast. 4 years ago i bought some used work vsxx. I rocked the sohc motor for 4 years until i melted it by driving with 0 coolant. it sat for 3 years in a garage. then i bought an sr for 1500 and a "swap kit" for 1800 with a godspeed front mount and other stuff like mishimoto rad and fans, etc etc. it took me another year or two to finally get around to swapping the motor. i did get a jim wolfe tune an hks exhaust, tomei dump, hks actuator, apexi intake for the z32 maf so i guess im kinda cool. In 2006 i bought a sweet eibach spring/ kyb set up. But in 2012 wanted to be super cool and go actual low so i bought a fortune auto coil over/ isr armed set up. I still want to do big breaks and plan to do a wilwood set up. I still want to buy a kaaz rear. I bought a sweet dorki dori chuki side/ kouki rear replica set up a year ago that I havn't mounted or painted yet. i still want to add a rocket bunny wing and maybe a roof spoiler. I want to get a set of bride buckets because the recliners are too expensive. i want to sell my vsxx and get cr01s. i want to build a few thousand dollar detached garage to redo all the paint and bodywork in.

And here is where I make my argument to your attitude. Im 31 years old. ive had this worthless project car, which has always been my second car, for 13 years. Ive had to replace and service my daily drivers along the way. I got married and we bought my wife a car, we bought a house, we had a kid. i bought myself a third car because i didnt want to get rid of my rusty 02 wrx either so now i have 2 worthless cars and a nice one. Im long from being happy with where my build is and about ten grand away easily. And that includes keeping my "poor quality" fortune auto suspension, getting "entry level" big brake kit and nice fitting "bad taste" rocket bunny spoiler. ALL WHILE MY NISSAN IS SITTING IN A GARAGE GROWING MOLD ON THE INTERIOR SURFACES THAT AS A FATHER I HAVE ZERO TIME TO GO ADDRESS. I had 2 buddies that still had project cars until just yesterday 1 friend told me he sold his because of lack of time with family and house projects. Keeping my s13 is an irresponsible thing to do. I grapple with selling it on a daily basis.

I don't care that fortune auto isn't a super dope name. are they height adjustable? yep. Are they blown out from the 500 miles I've driven them since 2012? nope. Is my godspeed intercooler a super cool jdm find? nope. Does it cool charged air? yep. Are my isr arms broken after driving on them for 500 miles? nope. Do they allow me to have proper toe, camber and caster while being lowered? yep. Does my mishimoto radiator allow air to flow over fins in turn cooling coolant? yep. Do my mishimoto fans kick on? yep. Do i geniunly care about the fit and finish of my project even though im using these parts? yep. but all the money i spent on all my parts won't make me a dollar when i go to sell it for 4500 bucks because i have no time to work on it. People put isr everything on their car and go drive the fuck out of them on the track. Have you ever seen what grass roots drifting cars look like? they are actually out there having fun with their cars while mine sits in the garage as i try to afford the next piece of semi decent quality to further my build of a "street car".

I feel that zilvia was always home of good taste not expensive parts. Paint vs plasti dip. real vs reps. Some effort vs Aint Care. If you want the standard to be super jdm and expensive vs affordable but still works... well i can't keep up and an already dead forum becomes less attractive. Our cars are being turned into drift missiles and are being total'ed in big numbers. I want them to be clean street car platforms. You want them to be something sacred and on a pedestal and i think that's unreasonable. On paper they aren't even worth what we do to them. Jdm parts or not.
wkpainter is offline   Reply With Quote