View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #19
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
*I didn't know your understanding level of suspension, so I assumed you didn't know anything.*
I'll summarize. I was looking to get someone's actual technically-educated driving experience which seems to be the most lacking factor here. From the beginning I made it clear that I was already aware of the main points that would affect the performance of the spring (slider2828 posted a great link). But everyone kept NPC defaulting to "I read somewhere they're amazing!" Lol, I know they're better, but are they really so much better considering the context of the situation (derp suspension geometry 240 with decent coilovers to begin with) much like Def pointed out in the link that slider2828 posted.

Honestly, I probably will eventually get the springs and I'll find out for myself if whatever improvement I feel will be worth $300+. Just not before I get far more important things like knuckles that will make the job of my current springs a lot easier. At least in the front. Speaking of which:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
I can tell you 8kg front and 6kg rear spring setup you have is too stiff
Really? I actually didn't think so. Now of course, being that my car (and any 240 lowered any more than an inch) has such a large roll couple, it rolls way too much even with basic 215 Achilles ATSs. Once I get knuckles and raise the roll center I'll see how much it helps reduce roll on the same tires. From there I'll decide whether or not 8/6 will be sufficient. I want to do occasional track days (not the primary purpose of this car) so the car will have some decent tires on it so naturally it will roll more. I'll see.

I had 10/8 eibach springs on my old Miata and didn't think it was too stiff. And because of the dampening the ride was far better than the 240 now with 8/6 springs (less oscillation both at low speed and high speed travel). But to be fair, miatas have a lower wheel rate than 240s (at least at the front).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
*I can't read*
Sucks for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Come on guys, you're supposed to justify my decision to not buy swift springs...
Sounds like a logically sound way to go about making these sorts of decisions.
Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote