View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #23
Skylinechaos

Trader Rating: (2)
Skylinechaos is an unknown quantity at this point
So its been a few months and the car has come a long way so I guess its time for an update.

I ended up fixing my gktech drop knuckle situation by removing a RUCA lock nut and just bottoming it out, I sits me at around -5 degrees of camber in the rear which is just enough to fit the 18x10 cerbs. I also replaced my tension rods with some nicer ones from voodoo13 just because I feel they have alot stronger of a design and I like how they brace the LCA. Ended up re-aligning it and getting the 17in cerbs rebuild just in time for final bout gallery.

I threw on a new exhaust and hangar and drove the car the 4 hours up to gallery to spectate as my shakedown for the rest of the year. Unfortunately the car still wasn't painted but I still had a lot of fun going up with my buddies to see some of the most beautiful drift cars in the world.

I got back from Final Bout and bought a ticket for Dday 101 for the end of the month. Also decided to tint the car and it gets insanely hot in the car at all times (also cause it looks way cooler). went with 15% all around and have already been pulled over for it twice .

Drove 101 and it was a blast but I decided at that point that I wouldn't run another drift event until the car was one color so the day after I got back I started sanding.

Ended up spending way too long sanding and filling and after a letter from the HOA I decided I wasnt happy with how I was prepping the car so I decided to hand it off to a good buddy of mine who ended up sanding off all of my bondo and metal worked the quarter panels out.

The quarters and doors were really the only parts of the car I really wanted perfect as the rest of the car was mostly fiberglass that is pretty disposable and honestly only last about a year or so the way I drive.

After 4 years I finally took up my friends offer and had him paint my car. To be completely honest I had seen it multi colored for so long that I couldn't even picture what the car would look like one color. I went with Ford Magnetic Metallic on the body with Ferrari Nerro Daytona for the roof. It came out way better then I had ever imagined and we finished final assembly about 8 hours before I had to drive up to drive Rio Bash all weekend at USAIR.

Rio Bash ended up being the best event I've ever driven, the people and the whole atmosphere was so welcoming and Its amazing to see the legacy that Jake has left on drifting as a whole.

Car performed absolutely flawless as well, I drove the living shit out of it and got really comfortable tandeming with a few of my higher powered friends. Also decided that the wall needed a little more color so kissed that not even 24hrs after final assembly. Beat the car both saturday and sunday and still drove it the 4 hours home marking the 6th time Ive driven this car round trip to USAIR and the 5th event Ive driven it at that track.

Overall, Im super happy with the car, since Ive owned it I have put around 30k+ miles on it, I drive it everywhere (has a better sound system then my daily). Its driven 15+ events and It has never once broken down on me and has never been on a trailer (even pushed it to the body shop when I got the bay painted). So naturally with a car this reliable, Its time to fuck it up and put the kas 30 year old rod bearings to the test (I am completely aware that boosting an NA motor old ends one way). This fall Ill be driving the car down to school again (hopefully not it a blizzard) and ill be putting so go fast bits on it that I've been piecing together, s15 t28, Tomei mani, PBM cobra DP, Megasquirt, Radium fuel rail, etc. I only want 250hp max but like I said, we will see how long the ticking time bomb lasts and Ill update the progress right here. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Skylinechaos; 09-22-2020 at 03:56 PM..
Skylinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote