Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortezza View Post
i have never heard of "Also it will often overheat before you can really nail down a cell or complete a map ." could this be because the person didn't hook up the water hose to the devices?

how much for a baseline dyno pull, and can you tune something called nistune?
Not all Dyna Packs have water cooling. They are starting to come pre-equipt now. They still operate similar to a mustang dyno in regards to the fact that you can't quite hover in each indvivdual cell to do true steady state.

Baseline pull is 75 bucks. 5 runs typically

Nistune? Yes, you just have to bring your laptop/software to synch up and I can tune it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
1. how/where is the wideband o2 connected at?
2. do i need additional bung?
3. any experience tuning rotary?
4. for ka-t setup, what "budget" fuel management system do you recommend?(you would be tuning it). 4b. fuel upgrades? injectors, fuel pump, and? fpr??
5. obd1 vs obd2, do I need to know anything if I am obd2?
The wideband 02 is conntect to a long pipe that goes into the back of your tail pipe and then routes the exhaust gas from about 3 feet upstream past the wideband sensor.

I have tested it back to back with my old race car using a LM 1 about 3 feet behind the turbo and the AFRs are nearly identical. In most cases the tail band sensor was actually more acurate because the sensor itself is exposed to less ambient heat. High heat around the sensor burns them out and can skew readings

KA-T, depends on what you mean by budget. Most people spend 1000-2000 on their turbo and manifold alone but when it comes to their "EMS Budget" they want to spend a fifth of that. I still think the AEM EMS plug and play is the best unit for the KA-T, from tuning experience.

OB1 vs. OBD2? Doesnt matter if you have an upgraded EMS.

Do you need to know anything if you are OB2? .....? like what?