View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #75
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Are your hoses simply the parts store universal hoses, or heater hoses? You may have trouble with them. I got hoses from summit for my current setup but i would run an hoses for sure with my setup when I do this. I do have another question for you though....
When you have your oil filled to the proper amount on your car and your on a steep hill do you pull any oil out of the rear mounted fitting? Im assuming not because because the pcv will have more suction than the an fitting. I have noticed that my car will suck some oil out when on a steep hill (front bumper pointing tward the sky). Its not that commen to be on such a grade but there are a few spots in my town where the streets seem like they are strait up, like leaving the park I cannot believe how strait up and down the pull out is and my exhaust will bellow smoke there till I take off.
Anyways Im just wondering if it would not be more beneficial to bring the rear mounted an fitting to a different location? Possibly more tward the center.

Sorry, Im not trying to pick at your project, but I have spent lots of hours thinking about the crank case ventalation issues with the sr and never have I came up with something as simple and good as you (hince why mine is un modified yet properly routed) but now that I see a great idea I cant help but offer food for thought.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote