View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
SR Owners... More HP Easy Mod... Catch Can Setup

Updated 1st post with Pictures.

How you ask.... Negative Crankcase pressure.... Seals rings better for better compression.... HP from Negative Crank Pressure is known to make 5WHP or More....

Ok this is probably the best way and cheapest and easiest way is to hook up to vac source which true your little intake PCV does have some, but your Turbo has the most. So hook your valve cover back to your intake. Now you have blowby and most people put a catch in the front of the T and into the Intake. But you still you get oil into the intake, why you ask? Because that front T is crap design.

Ok Fine... Most SR slanted valve covers can do this no problem, why? Because their baffling in the valve cover is better than or flat tops and their valve covers ARE that little black air oil separator cans if you look up slant top pics... So what do you do?

Blu808 (Manjiparts.com) and I are working on some things for my track car to work this out on flat top valve covers. 2 Goals, Increase Vacuum and suck those pressures out of the crank to ultimately negative crankcase pressure and reduce to 0 blowby.

On my redtop with a GT2871R fully built motor and seeing constant 18PSI, I was getting blowby because that STUPID "T" on the valve cover is basically useless. So we are coming up with two products that can increase horsepower and help you save your motor.

This SRT Forums thread was THE best thing I have seen technically to read. They have a solution, so Blu808 and I are also in development for a solution

Thes engines need vacuum all of the time... - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Long Story Short...

Why Flat Tops Suck. The "T" on the valve cover has baffles in the Valve cover but you get blowby from the pressurization of the crankcase (bad) and also oil is getting sucked out of the valve cover under boost. The valve cover does have baffles, but its in sufficient. In stock form the front of the "T" is hooked to the intake tube which IS the best internal source of vacuum, but that means oil gets into your intake from both the valve cover and the crankcase.

So far, Blue808 and I have managed to reduce blowby to 0 on my car. History is, I did a trackday and I was filling my can 3-4 laps around the track. Sucks! So we have gotten that to 0 for the entire day which is about 30+ Laps. Keep in mind this course has a lot of elevation changes so it will through your crank oil upwards for sure.

Pics of the solution will be up soon as well, but I have searched for like 3 months on zilvia and there has been 0 real solutions.... Nothing really has been developed for you guys, so Blu808 and I are working on it.

Just service annoucement hahaha!

Last edited by slider2828; 08-13-2020 at 06:40 PM..
slider2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links